You did it…you left your state!
If you’re like me, you may unexpectantly find yourself on the list of a mandatory travel quarantine. Long story……college move-in. Now you have two weeks at home and you don’t work an “I can do it from home” kind of job.
What’s a girl to do?
I’m on Day 2 of quarantine. Day 1 was spent recovering and cleaning up the house…another long story. Over the weekend, I began pondering how I could best use this free time I have been gifted.
That may have been a mistake.
The following is my list of possibilities. I’m taking it as a personal challenge to accomplish as many of these as possible. Some are doable…some…not so much!
- Catch up on laundry
- Vacuum and mop
- Tidy and dust
- Wipe baseboards
- Unload excess stuff on Buy Nothing Facebook site
- Sweep deck
- Watch movie outside by fire pit
- Work on cross-stitch
- Figure out how to mail a box without leaving home
- Make a blog planner
- Learn how to navigate WordPress more effectively and efficiently
- Expand my knowledge of how to write with a SEO focus
- Bake something fall-y for my boy
- Decorate the house for my favorite season!
- Scrub my bathroom
- Vacuum my van
- Write and mail some cards to friends
- Help my boy catch up on his schoolwork
- Harry Potter marathon!!!
- Sew masks
- Get. Rid. Of. The. PAPERS!!!!!
- Spend time with God
- Change/wash bedding
- Put out bird (if we’re being honest…squirrel) food
- Plan meal menus and grocery lists
- Clean up garage
- Deplete the basement junk by half
- Paint punkins
- Bathe Hobbes (the chubby beagle)
- Be available to cats when they require my lap
- Set a record for most cups of hot tea consumed in a two week period.
- Climb Everest
- Try a new recipe
- Walk the dog….again and again and again
- Try not to bother hubs while he is also under travel quarantine and CAN work from home
- Address cobwebs
- Plan for Christmas
- Map a dream fall train trip…just for fun
- Read some more…under blankies, with kitties and hot tea (that knocks out at least 3 in one go!)
- Wrestle with ordering grocery delivery
- Search online, yet again, for Clorox wipes
- Nap with kitties
- Swap summer and winter clothes
- Learn lettering
- Watch countless documentaries on the Tudors
- Compare and contrast all pizza joints that deliver to my address……
How about you? How are you (or did you) spending your two weeks?