You did it…you left your state!
If you’re like me, you may unexpectantly find yourself on the list of a mandatory travel quarantine. Long story……college move-in. Now you have two weeks at home and you don’t work an “I can do it from home” kind of job.
What’s a girl to do?
I’m on Day 2 of quarantine. Day 1 was spent recovering and cleaning up the house…another long story. Over the weekend, I began pondering how I could best use this free time I have been gifted.
That may have been a mistake.
The following is my list of possibilities. I’m taking it as a personal challenge to accomplish as many of these as possible. Some are doable…some…not so much!
- Catch up on laundry
- Vacuum and mop
- Tidy and dust
- Wipe baseboards
- Unload excess stuff on Buy Nothing Facebook site
- Sweep deck
- Watch movie outside by fire pit
- Work on cross-stitch
- Figure out how to mail a box without leaving home
- Make a blog planner
- Learn how to navigate WordPress more effectively and efficiently
- Expand my knowledge of how to write with a SEO focus
- Bake something fall-y for my boy
- Decorate the house for my favorite season!
- Scrub my bathroom
- Vacuum my van
- Write and mail some cards to friends
- Help my boy catch up on his schoolwork
- Harry Potter marathon!!!
- Sew masks
- Get. Rid. Of. The. PAPERS!!!!!
- Spend time with God
- Change/wash bedding
- Put out bird (if we’re being honest…squirrel) food
- Plan meal menus and grocery lists
- Clean up garage
- Deplete the basement junk by half
- Paint punkins
- Bathe Hobbes (the chubby beagle)
- Be available to cats when they require my lap
- Set a record for most cups of hot tea consumed in a two week period.
- Climb Everest
- Try a new recipe
- Walk the dog….again and again and again
- Try not to bother hubs while he is also under travel quarantine and CAN work from home
- Address cobwebs
- Plan for Christmas
- Map a dream fall train trip…just for fun
- Read some more…under blankies, with kitties and hot tea (that knocks out at least 3 in one go!)
- Wrestle with ordering grocery delivery
- Search online, yet again, for Clorox wipes
- Nap with kitties
- Swap summer and winter clothes
- Learn lettering
- Watch countless documentaries on the Tudors
- Compare and contrast all pizza joints that deliver to my address……
How about you? How are you (or did you) spending your two weeks?
4 thoughts on “50 Things To (Maybe) Do While Under Travel Quarantine”
I have one word for you…delegate. Lol! Actually, your list sounds dreamy. I guess you better get busy…may the odds be ever in your favor.
Certainly need to get moving if I intend to make it to the top of Everest! ;o)
I don’t know if my reply went through but I’d prioritize that long list starting with reading under blanket with cats and yea. Thereby not bother husband. Knocks several off list at one time. 😇if you figure out how to figure out word press send me in that direction.
Ha! I like the way you think!
LikeLiked by 1 person